Frequently Asked Questions
This is where you will find most answers. If there should still be any questions left, don't hesitate to contact me.


Do I need to sign up for your services?
No, it would be to your benefit to be able to access all of your works toegther with me, all from my website!
Where can I download my images?
After you create an account, you can proceed to your account profile and there you fill find the necessary links to download your images.

Model Release

How do I know when I need a model release?

The answer to this question can be reached by asking a series of questions about the subject and the use of the photograph. A model release is needed from each person whose likeness appears in a photograph that is used for advertising or trade (business) purposes when the person is identifiable. Look at the photograph and the person(s) in it and ask these questions:

  1. Could the person in the photograph be recognized by anyone? Be warned: It is very easy for a person to show in court that he or she is recognizable.If the answer to question #1 is No, then you do not need a release.
  2. Is the photograph to be used for an advertisement? (In law, “advertisement” is broadly defined.)
  3. Is the photograph going to be used for commercial business purposes, like a brochure, calendar, poster, web site or other use that is intended to enhance a business interest?

If the answers to question #2 and question #3 are both No, then you do notneed a release.

Otherwise, the answer is that you do need a model release.

What is the legal age for signing releases?

Eighteen is generally legal age across the USA. However, it is an individual state determination, and we do not have the legal stats on each state. If you want to know the answer for any state, we suggest that you call the state attorney general, state solicitor’s office, or whatever your state calls its legal arm. You can also call local attorneys, as they could not pass the bar exam in their state without knowing the answer to that question.

A safe course is to use ASMP’s recommended release forms. You are well protected because we use the words “of full age,” which covers you in any state. (“Full age” and “legal age” mean the same thing in legal jargon. “Full” allows you to keep the word “legal” off the paper. Some folks fear the word legal when they see it on paper.)

When the subject is not of legal age, you must get the signature of at least one parent or legal guardian on the release. Getting the signatures of both parents is better, so that one can not seek to rescind the consent of the other.

What are the differences between having a photograph appear in an ad and in a magazine’s editorial pages?

The two differences are the need for model releases (see an earlier answer) and money. Generally, photographs used for advertising are worth substantially more money to everyone involved than photographs used for editorial purposes.

All Rights Reserved ® 2009 - 2019